Who are we:
Ontotext received a couple of awards as the most innovative business in Bulgaria for 2014. We enjoy unique position providing state of the art semantic technology in two distinct but complementary areas – graph database engines and text analytics. Our solutions have been applied in the areas of publishing (BBC, Financial Times, Oxford University Press), life sciences (Astra Zeneca), cultural heritage (British Museum, Getty Trust), telecommunications (Korea Telecom), government organizations (UK Parliament) and others.
We are looking for:
Experienced backend Java developers, who have a background in commercial software development, to further evolve the GraphDB database engine using the Java programming language and related tools.GraphDB is world leading triplestore – a NoSQL graph database engine, based on Semantic Web standards such as RDF(S), OWL and SPARQL.
Your responsibilities will include: understanding requirements, participating in architectural discussions, software design, implementation, code reviews, unit and functional testing, benchmarking, bug fixing and engagement in the full software development life-cycle.
Software development tasks in our team include indexing and caching algorithms, query optimization and execution, highly concurrent data structures, high availability cluster architectures, geo-spatial modeling, graph-analysis and integration with 3rd party components for document indexing/retrieval.
• Sound experience in Java on Apache Tomcat platform;
• Experience with SQL;
• Good understanding of data structures and DBMS concepts;
• Interest to learn new technologies like Semantics, OWL, RDF, SPARQL;
• Good understanding of high-level design and modeling skills;
• Competence in modern software development practices, including version-control and bug tracking systems;
• Fluent English;
• Team player.
Advantages for this position:
• Good communicator;
• Customer centric;
• Programming server and/or database systems;
• Familiarity with multi-threaded programming concepts and concurrency problems;
• Experience with Linux.
• An interesting and challenging job in an innovative company, a world leader in a future technology segment;
• Exposure to leading edge technologies, international projects and collaborations;
• The chance to participate in the development and delivery of next generation database and search systems;
• Flexible working time with great opportunities for professional and academic development;
• Excellent remuneration and working conditions.
Send us a recent CV.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented software developer to help shape next generation technology.
Your application will be treated with respect and confidentiality!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.